Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A day at Saturday Market

The Saturday Market in Portland, Or is a mixture of the high class, the hippies the regulars and the freaks of the Pacific North West. You never know what your going to get when you venture threw the small aisles of the eclectic booths. You see everything form soap to jewelry to fuax Jimmy Hendricks willing to take a picture for some change... It has a little bit of everything great about Portland. For these reasons we had to take Ricky to show him around and give him a taste of what Ptown is all about. We brought Alexis and Brandon as well, there first time at Saturday Market. It was a fun day. They saw a lot asked a lot of questions and ate some good food. Isa was so good and I think she loved the loud sounds of music, people and the max. We sat under the trees on the waterfront and enjoyed our surroundings while feasting on some of the Markets finest food. I got a chicken skewer with rice, noodles and and egg roll. It was delish! Ricky and Tracie got a plate of Mexican delight. Rice, beans and a burrito. The kids had to get a Big Elephant ear( You can't avoid the Elephant ear stand with two kids around, they are drawn from miles away) and some fresh squeezed Lemonade. We all shared with Isa, she was enjoying the variety. After our bellies were full and we had a nice break we took a walk to the famous fountain on the Waterfront. This thing is awesome and especially so on a hot summer day. People come to let the kids play and cool off. The only bad thing is it wreaks of chlorine. Other then that it is a beautiful sight. It changes its form every few minutes and so you never know what is coming next. It is really fun. Alexis went in fully clothed! Pants and all! She talked Brandon into getting his feet wet but when he was close enough pulled him in! They had a blast. We decided after the fountain it was time to head home. We had our fill and thought the pool sounded nice. So we went to Grandma and Grandpas for a swim. Once the kids were cooled off we took them home and then went for some Sushi. Tracie has been craving it and I am always up for Sushi so we went to a little place here in town by the mall. We curbed our craving for the moment had some nice conversation and called it a day. I can't tell you how nice it is to have Tracie around. I love our talks and the time we have had to bond. We talk a lot on Skype when she is in Peru but there is nothing like having her here. I am so glad that we are getting this time together. I just love having a sister!

Today Nathans grandparents are coming for a visit. We are going to have dinner with them.I am making a yummy dessert from Pioneer Woman!
I am sure I will have more pictures to share later. =)































What I will be making for Dessert tonight! Thanks Pdub!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love Saturday Market!!

I can't believe how big the little girls are getting! I'm sad that I don't even know them. We really need to get together!

Tell Alexis that she is beautiful for me!

Cynthia said...

I agree! I miss you and miss having really good friends around! You don't even live that far away! Lets set something up soon!

Tracie and Ricky said...

we had fun with you too!!! i love the first photo that shows the "no pictures" sign!! you rebel

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thanks for counting

Visit attorney marketing web page.